- Before Abraham became the father of many nations, he and Sarah were childless.
- Before Jacob could be blessed, he was wounded by angel in a wrestling match.
- Before Joseph ruled Egypt, he was thrown into a pit, sold into slavery, and falsely imprisoned.
- Before Job’s estate was doubled, he lost everything he had, including his family, his fortune, and his future.
- Before Moses became the great deliverer, he lost his position, his possessions, and his popularity.
- Before Joshua conquered the Promised Land, he went through the wilderness.
- Before Samson crushed the Philistines, he was blinded, binded, and grinded.
- Before David became king, he was renounced by his family, ridiculed by his foes, and rejected by his friends.
- Before Daniel could be used mightily, he had to spend the night in the lion’s den.
- Before Hosea became a powerful spokesman for God, his wife betrayed him, which broke him.
- Before Peter preached 3,000 souls into the kingdom, he denied his Savior three times and went out and wept bitterly.
- Before Paul brought the gospel to the Gentiles, he was blinded on the Damascus road.
- But sometimes God has to break us so that He can remake us.
Courtesy: Anu Francis